Developing Emergency Operations Plans (EOPs) K-12 101
Duration: 30 to 45 min.
Objective: A high-quality school EOP is adequate, feasible, acceptable, complete, and compliant with state and local requirements.
To ensure that EOPs meet these criteria, school planning teams must work collaboratively to determine EOP goals and objectives. That is why the planning process
is so important. Although processes should be adapted based on the unique characteristics of the school, school district and situation, teams can use this course to
learn about all aspects of plan development, assessment, review, implementation, and maintenance. View the course modules below.
- Module 0–Course Overview
- Module 1–Introduction and Planning Principles
- Module 2–Step 1: Form a Collaborative Planning Team
- Module 3–Step 2: Identify and Prioritize Threats and Hazards
- Module 4–Step 3 & Step 4: Develop Goals, Objectives, & Courses of Action
- Module 5–Step 5 & Step 6: Preparing, Implementing, and Maintaining the Plan
- Module 6–Developing Functional and Threat- and Hazard-Specific Annexes
Note: Please note that modules may take a while to load depending on your connection speed and signal. Modules must be completed in the order they appear.
Once each course has been completed, you can flip through the previous modules and your accompanying notes. You will only be able to print a certificate after all modules are completed.
Take the Course