The Planning Process
The planning process involves working collaboratively with a team to determine the EOP goals and objectives. To do so, call on district staff and community partners during the planning process for all aspects of plan development, assessment, review, implementation, and maintenance. The planning process is flexible and should be adapted based on the unique characteristics of the school, district, and situation. The EOP must represent the needs of the school community and families, the broader community, and first responders.
- Form a Collaborative Planning Team
- Understand the Situation
- Determine Goals and Objectives
- Plan Development (Identifying Courses of Action)
- Plan Preparation, Review, and Approval
- Plan Implementation and Maintenance