The Planning Process
The planning process involves working collaboratively with a team to understand the IHE and to determine the EOP goals and objectives. To do so, draw on representatives from across the IHE for all aspects of plan development, assessment, review, implementation, and maintenance. The planning process is flexible and should be adapted to the IHE’s unique characteristics and the situation. The EOP must represent the needs of the campus community and families, the broader community, and first responders.
- Form a Collaborative Planning Team
- Understand the Situation
- Determine Goals and Objectives
- Plan Development (Identifying Courses of Action)
- Prepare, Review, and Approve the Plan
- Implement and Maintain the Plan