Frequently Asked Questions
This page contains answers to questions most frequently received from stakeholders in the emergency management field.
1. What is the Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance (TA) Center?
2. What services do you offer?
3. Do you serve my institution/organization?
4. What are the Guides for Developing Emergency Operations Plans?
5. Do you offer any resources supporting the new guidance?
6. What types of technical assistance are available through the TA Center?
7. How do I find a resource on the TA Center Website?
8. What tools does the TA Center offer to assist schools, districts, and institutions of higher education in their emergency management planning efforts?
9. What are Trainings by Request (TBRs) and on what topics are they offered?
10. Does the TA Center offer self-paced online courses?
11. Does the REMS TA Center offer any trainings for delivery to school staff, teachers, and administrators in a classroom setting?
12. What are Virtual Trainings and how do I sign up to receive notification of upcoming virtual training events?
13. What is the Tool Box and how do I submit a resource for potential inclusion?
14. I would like to serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for the REMS TA Center. What do I do next?
15. I still can’t find the information I need. Can I request electronic or telephone support?