A Mobile Application (App) for K-12 Schools, School Districts, and Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs)
This FREE, secure mobile app designed specifically for education agencies allows personnel to walk around buildings and grounds and examine their safety, security, accessibility, and emergency preparedness. Users select whether they are conducting a site assessment at a K-12 school or institution of higher education (IHE) and are directed to the section that is optimized for that setting according to its unique characteristics. SITE ASSESS generates a customized to-do list that may be used in the short term and long term to address facility improvements, prompts teams to share pertinent information with first responders, and contains relevant resources on several education facility and preparedness topics. The REMS TA Center developed this site assessment app to do the following:
- Capture images within and upload images directly into the app;
- Provide critical information about potential threats and hazards, which may be used by planning teams as they develop their site’s emergency operations plan;
- Allow teams to add customized questions to and delete preloaded questions from the site assessment for their use, taking into account state and local requirements;
- Export data into a Word document or Excel worksheet for data aggregation and analysis and/or recordkeeping;
- Equip practitioners with information and knowledge about fundamental site assessment topics, such as Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) and universal design;
- Collect information that will aid IHE personnel with fulfilling Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act requirements; and
- Complement and support mitigation, prevention, protection, recovery, and response activities.
Neither the REMS TA Center nor the U.S. Department of Education will see, collect, or store any data you enter into SITE ASSESS, besides the basic contact information that is collected upon initial registration. Any and all information entered into the mobile app is stored on the mobile device and not on the REMS TA Center’s or U.S. Department of Education’s Website or server. As such, the U.S. Department of Education and the REMS TA Center are not responsible for any damages resulting from the loss or theft of that information. Please note that certain optional mobile app features may transmit data.
Download SITE ASSESS From an App Store
SITE ASSESS is compatible with both iOS and Android operating systems. To download this FREE mobile app, please access the Google Play Store or Apple App Store below. During installation, you will be prompted to provide basic contact information. This is the only information that will be transmitted to the REMS TA Center from SITE ASSESS.
For assistance installing or using SITE ASSESS, please contact the REMS TA Center Help Desk by email at email@example.com or by telephone (855-781-REMS ), toll free and between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time.
2020 © United States Department of Education
The U.S. Department of Education contracted for final products and deliverables that were developed under Contract #GS-00F-115CA with Synergy Enterprises, Inc., and the contract stipulates that the U.S. Department of Education is the sole owner of SITE ASSESS.
SITE ASSESS is being made available to the public pursuant to the following conditions:
The U.S. Department of Education grants the public the worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free right to use and distribute the software created, pursuant to Contract #GS-00F-115CA, for only non-commercial and educational purposes. This license does not include the right to modify the code of the software tool or create derivative works therefrom. If you have any questions regarding whether a proposed use is allowable under this license, or want to request a particular use, please contact Madeline Sullivan of the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Safe and Supportive Schools at (202) 453-6705 or Madeline.Sullivan@ed.gov.
THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION IS PROVIDING THE SOFTWARE AS IT IS, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE WORK—EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE— INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE; MERCHANTABILITY; FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; NON-INFRINGEMENT; OR THE PRESENCE OR ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OR ABSENCE OF ERRORS, WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE, ALL TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER FEDERAL LAW.