Family Reunification Annex
Plan how students will be reunited with their families or guardians.
The planning team should consider the following when developing goals, objectives, and courses of action:
- How to inform families and guardians about the reunification process in advance, and how to clearly describe their roles and responsibilities in reunification.
- How to verify that an adult is authorized to take custody of a student.
- How to facilitate communication between the parent check-in and the student assembly and reunion areas.
- How to ensure students do not leave on their own.
- How to protect the privacy of students and parents from the media.
- How to reduce confusion during the reunification process.
- How frequently families will be updated.
- How to account for technology barriers faced by students, staff, parents, and guardians.
- How to effectively address language access barriers faced by students, staff, parents, and guardians.