School and higher ed emergency management staff can use our interactive map to guide them as they search for state-level information related to safety and emergency management. Visit the State Emergency Management Resources page to see what information your state has available.Find State Emergency Management Resources
Information Collection, Analysis, and Dissemination
This section addresses the role of information in the successful implementation of the activities that occur before, during, and after an emergency.
Identify the type of information that will be helpful in the successful implementation of the activities that occur before, during, and after an emergency, such as
- Before and during: weather reports, law enforcement alerts, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration radio alerts, crime reports.
- After: mental health agencies’ websites and hotlines, and emergency management and relief agencies websites and hotlines assisting in all aspects of recovery.
For each of the identified types of information, provide answers to the following questions:
- What is the source of the information?
- Who analyzes and uses the information?
- How is the information collected and shared?
- What is the format for providing the information to those who will use it?
- When should the information be collected and shared?