Organization and Assignment of Responsibilities
Provide an overview of the broad roles and responsibilities of IHE faculty and staff, students, families, first responders, local emergency management, and community partners, and of organizational functions during all emergencies.
- Individuals the planning team may wish to include in this section of the plan are IHE administrators, faculty, and staff; IHE board members; counselors; social workers; medical staff; and students.
- The planning team may also wish to include the community partners represented on it.
- The following is an example of the type of information that would be included in the plan to describe the broad roles and responsibilities of the resident director of a student housing facility during an emergency.
- The resident director will be responsible for the supervision of residents located in his or her housing units and shall remain with residents until directed otherwise. Resident director responsibilities include:
- evacuating residents to inside or outside assembly areas according to instructions provided by the Incident Commander or designee;
- obtaining first aid services for injured students; and
- if trained and certified in first aid, rendering first aid, if necessary.
Describe informal and formal agreements in place for the quick activation and sharing of resources during an emergency (e.g., evacuation locations to a nearby business’ parking lot).
- Agreements may be between the IHE and response groups (e.g., fire department, police department, emergency management agency), other IHEs, organizations, and businesses.