Are you seeking materials to train colleagues or brush up on your own knowledge regarding special topics in school emergency management? Visit the Specialized Training Packages page to download these self-paced trainings and tabletop exercises for K-12 schools and school districts.Download Specialized Training Packages
About the Campaign
The REMS TA Center is proud to participate along with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and our Federal family in America’s PrepareAthon!, a nationwide, community-based action campaign aimed at increasing emergency preparedness and resilience. The nation’s fall America’s PrepareAthon! activities included National Preparedness Month in September, and National PrepareAthon Day!, which was held on September 30. National Preparedness Month serves as a reminder that we all must take action to prepare for the types of emergencies that could affect us where we live, work, and also where we visit.
Participate Through the REMS TA Center
- Assess your understanding of fundamental concepts in emergency management planning by using EOP ASSESS.
- Evaluate your existing emergency operations plan (EOP) against Federal recommendations in emergency management planning by using EOP EVALUATE.
- Install EOP ASSIST, the REMS TA Center's FREE software application, to develop or revise your school EOP.
- Share the Federal Guide, the REMS TA Center Community of Practice, and EOP ASSIST by posting Web and email banners to your website or adding them to your email signature.
- Hold discussions and drills to practice your EOP and to encourage engagement among employees, students, congregants, and volunteers to be better prepared at home.
- Register for an online course or access archived webinars on a variety of topics.
- Request a FREE training by request for on-site delivery of the six-step planning process and other K-12 and higher ed emergency operations planning topics.
- Conduct a table-top exercise with leaders and managers to take steps as an organization to increase your readiness.
Participate Through FEMA
- Register for America’s PrepareAthon! via the FEMA Website.
- Register earthquake activities on the Great ShakeOut website, which are also counted in America's PrepareAthon! participation totals.
- Update the FEMA Community on the activities you are planning.
- Add an event to the FEMA America’s PrepareAthon! page and update your participants count.
- Download communications tools and creative materials about specific hazards, including those available in other languages.