Do you need easy access to comprehensive and interactive trainings? Our online courses guide users on federally recommended information and processes for emergency operations plan development and related topics in comprehensive emergency management.Take an Online Course
Task 3: Revise the Formatted Draft
Once a school has determined its EOP format, the district will work with the school core planning team to insert the school plan’s content developed thus far into each appropriate section. After that, the district will work with the school core planning team to revise the formatted plan according to writing conventions and to add necessary tables, charts, and other supporting graphics. The district may
- Assist with technical writing, including, but not limited to, providing any district policies and procedures for inclusion of sections in a school EOP;
- Contribute important information summarized with checklists and visual aids, such as maps, tables, flowcharts, and other supporting graphics; and
- Provide a list of POCs for coordination efforts.
In the early stages of planning, the district should provide comments on the draft and help facilitate connections between school core planning teams and plan stakeholders, including those who have a responsibility in implementing the plan.
The district should consider the following when developing policies and procedures:
- The degree to which the district will provide assistance, training, and guidance on how to write the school EOP
- The extent to which the school core planning teams will receive districtwide plan content for inclusion in their EOPs
- The degree to which the district will provide feedback on early drafts of the school EOP and how it will be done
- The extent to which the district will help school core planning teams connect with school EOP stakeholders to receive feedback on early drafts
- The required accessible formats and languages in which the draft school EOP should be made available
Based on the policies and procedures established by the district, each school core planning team should be able to write a draft of the school EOP.