The REMS TA Center’s Community of Practice is a virtual space to collaborate on special projects, share news and resources, discuss trends and ideas, and learn from the experiences of others in the field.Join the Community of Practice
Conducting a Secure, Safe, and Successful K-12 Family Reunification Process
- Jim Lee, Arizona Department of Education;
- Dr. Gina Kahn, Hampden-Wilbraham Regional School District in Massachusetts;
- Stephen Dieu, Chandler Police Department in Arizona;
- Madeline Sullivan, U.S. Department of Education’s (ED) Office of Safe and Healthy Students (OSHS); and
- Dr. Paul Myers, REMS TA Center.
DetailsOn Friday, September 21st, 2018, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET, ED’s OSHS and REMS TA Center hosted a Webinar on how schools and school districts can better prepare for family reunification after an emergency.
Presenters discussed key planning considerations, lessons learned, and strategies for family reunification, including security and safety considerations and meeting the physical and emotional needs of students, teachers, staff, and parents/guardians during the reunification process.
This one-hour Webinar included a PowerPoint presentation as well as a Question and Answer session following the presentation and a Community of Practice Web Chat.