The REMS TA Center’s Community of Practice is a virtual space to collaborate on special projects, share news and resources, discuss trends and ideas, and learn from the experiences of others in the field.Join the Community of Practice
Emergency Evacuations: Planning for the Whole School Community
- Greg Corr, Office of Special Education Programs, U.S. Department of Education (ED);
- Diana Hollander, National Association of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Services;
- Bob Maca, Salem-Keizer Public Schools;
- Madeline Sullivan, Office of Safe and Healthy Students (OSHS), ED; and
- Dr. Paul Myers, REMS TA Center.
On Wednesday, June 27th, 2018, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET, ED’s OSHS and REMS TA Center hosted a Webinar on how schools and school districts can better prepare for an evacuation after an emergency.
Presenters in this Webinar discussed issues related to identifying on- and off-site assembly areas; transportation considerations, such as the use of mutual aid agreements; meeting the needs of students with disabilities or access and functional needs; and shared lessons at the local level.
This one-hour Webinar included a PowerPoint presentation as well as a Question and Answer session following the presentation and a Community of Practice Web Chat.