Using the Emergency Management Virtual Toolkit to Enhance K-12 Emergency Management Planning
Thursday, February 23, 2017 | 2:00 p.m. EST/1:00 p.m. CST/12:00 p.m. MST/11:00 a.m. PST
What is the REMS TA Center’s Emergency Management Virtual Toolkit? How can it support me or my state or local education agency?
What process should be used to install and disseminate the toolkit? If these are questions you have asked, join a Webinar we are
hosting on behalf of the U.S. Department of Education's (ED) Office of Safe and Healthy Students (OSHS) on Thursday, February 23, 2017,
from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET. During our Webinar, we will share details about the toolkit, designed to help state and local education agencies,
emergency management agencies, school safety centers, and others who play a key role in school safety and emergency management share the latest
Federal school emergency management training and technical assistance resources and information for schools in their state or district. In addition,
we will provide an overview of the desktop and server installation processes and how the toolkit can be disseminated. This event will also feature a
dedicated 15-minute Q&A session during which presenters will field questions from participants.
Who should participate in the Webinar?
- Grants for State Emergency Management (GSEM) grantees, as installation and dissemination of the toolkit will help you meet the absolute priority of the grant.
- Individuals responsible for managing school safety in your state or locality, as it will support you in keeping local education agencies up-to-date on the latest resources and recommendations from the REMS TA Center, ED, and Federal partners in emergency management.
- The information technology staff who will be responsible for supporting state and local education agencies with the desktop and/or server installation process.
To join the meeting, register here: http://remstacenter.org/webinars/WebinarRegistration.aspx?WebinarID=1078
Madeline Sullivan, Program Analyst, OSHS, ED; and Janelle Williams Hughes, REMS TA Center
Join Us for a Live Web Chat Following the Event!
The Webinar will be followed by a live Web Chat with the presenters on the REMS TA Center’s Community of Practice (CoP) from 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m ET.
- Already a CoP Member? If you wish to participate in the Web Chat, you will be automatically redirected to the CoP following the Q&A session.
- Not a CoP Member? We invite you to join our growing community of more than 1,000 practitioners to collaborate on special projects, share news and
resources, and learn from the experiences of others in the field! Please click here to create an account in advance of the event.
- Have Web Chat topics to send us now? Email email@example.com under the subject line February 23 Webinar: Topics for Web Chat and we’ll keep them on stand-by for the Web Chat.
You can also send us Web Chat questions in advance by tagging @remstacenter and using the following hashtag: #EMVirtualToolkit.
Spread the Word on Social Media
Help us help the field by sharing the following post via your social networks. You can also share a link to our Webinars page by using any of the social media share links available on our Website header.
Register for @remstacenter #EMVirtualToolkit Webinar 2/23 at 2:00 ET http://rems.ed.gov/TA_Webinars.aspx
Questions about the Webinar, Web Chat or CoP?
Contact the REMS TA Center Help Desk at 1-855-781-REMS  or firstname.lastname@example.org between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST Monday through Friday.
The following webinars and accompanying presentation materials and resources are available for download and review at any time.
- Integrating Earthquakes into School Emergency Operations Plans (EOPs)
(November 30, 2016)
- State and Local Perspectives on Emergency Management Back to School Activities
(September 16, 2016)
- Incorporating Sextortion into School EOP Planning
(September 9, 2016)
- Using the School Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) Framework to Support Bullying Prevention Efforts
(September 7, 2016)
- Use of Social Media in School Behavioral Threat Assessments
(September 2, 2016)
- Forming a School Behavioral Threat Assessment Team
(August 26, 2016)
- Continuity of Operations (COOP) Planning and Developing a COOP Annex
(August 5, 2016)
- Addressing Access and Functional Needs (AFN) in School and Higher Education Emergency Operations Plans (EOPs)
(July 29, 2016)
- The REMS TA Center: Your Destination for Free Resources and Tools Supporting the Development of High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Institutions of Higher Education
(December 18, 2015)
- EOP ASSIST: Features, Functions, and Recent Enhancements
(September 22, 2015)
- Teen CERT: Enhancing School Emergency Management through Youth Engagement and Preparedness
(May 15, 2015)
- Designing Safe Schools: Planning and Retrofitting for Safety in Education Facilities
(April 30, 2015)
- Integrating Human Trafficking with Emergency Operations Plans (EOPs) for K-12 Schools
(January 21, 2015)
- Integrating Cybersecurity with Emergency Operations Plans (EOPs) for K-12 Schools
(November 13, 2014)
- The REMS TA Center at a Glance: Supporting Your Emergency Management Needs Before, During, and After an Emergency
(October 30, 2014)
- Integrating Cybersecurity with Emergency Operations Plans (EOPs) for Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs)
(October 23, 2014)
- Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans: A Collaborative Process
(October 15, 2014)
- Using Federal Resources to Enhance Campus Security and Emergency Management Planning
(November 25, 2013)
- Campus Public Safety: A Closer Look
(September 30, 2013)
- How Positive School Climate Can Enhance School Safety
(September 26, 2013)
- A Closer Look at Incorporating International Students Into Emergency Management and Planning
(September 25, 2013)
- Implementing Psychological First Aid (PFA) in School and Postsecondary Settings
(August 21, 2013)
- Active Shooter Situations: Describing Unique Challenges Involved in Preparing for, Responding to and
Recovering from a School-Based or Postsecondary Institution Shooting
(August 15, 2013)
- Information Sharing for Schools and Postsecondary Institutions—the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
(August 9, 2013)
- Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans: An Overview
(August 7, 2013)
- An Overview of the Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Houses of Worship
(July 25, 2013)
- Using Federal Contracts to Enhance School & Campus Security
(July 17, 2013)
- An Overview of the Guide for Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans
(June 27 & 28, 2013)
- An Overview of the Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans
for Institutions of Higher Education
(June 27 & 28, 2013)